Friday, February 16, 2007

Cassie News...

Let's see it seems like so much is going on i don't know where to start....

New Car
Yupee! I'm LOVING my "new" car! It's a 1999 Honda Passport (suv) and it's like brand new! It's wonderful and i love driving it around... hosanna says i look like a mom in it =) and everyone else says it's "SO COOL"... i think so too!



Moving
Moving?!?!? Did someone say MOVING! for real. Cassie is actually moving out... and away! Where? oh that would be a great tid-bit of info... Bend Oregon!!!! Why? well the simple answer is that I know that is where God wants me and it's not an option not to go! It's actually been 6 months in the works... the moving part. Bend became the place in November when i went down and fell in love with the city, and a church. Westside church (www.westsidechurch.org) is a foursquare church of about 3,000 in attendance. I have actaully heard about Westside for the last 5 years and when i finally got to visit i knew it was going to be a part of my life! When? oh yea when! June 2007 is the approx. month... probably not sooner, but it's possible.... i'll let you know sometime after March 21st.... when i get back from being there again....I'm very excited for this new adventure Jesus is taking me on. It will be delightful, amazing, hard and CRAZY. But i know the Lord is leading me there and his reason will become evident i'm sure. I would love all your prayers, as this is a new kind of adventure for me, and my family.

Lessons from the Horse barn...
Ok here's the story. I am house sitting for some people with 3 horses... which means i am cleaning out stalls and all that jazz. Well yesterday i was scooping poop.... realized i had left it undone for 2 days... which doesn't seem like very long, but three horses in a barn.... yikes! It was quite the job.... time consuming, smelly, heavy, hard, and just plain not the most enjoyable thing in the world. As i was scooping away i was wishing i had done it earlier...like the past two days! Instead of putting it off.... which is so easy to do, and it was like the Lrod totally used that thought to remind me that sin in my life is like poop in the barn. If i continue to put off making things right in my life i will become, smelly, heavy and hard hearted.... and not fun to be around. We as Christians need to continually clean out our heart. Taking care of the Sin in our lives so that we don't become smelly. If we put it off.. freedom will be harder to be had.

there you have it... that's the cassie news for February 16th....choose Joy and Seek Wisdom!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

hey! Bend is only a few hours away from me! and I've got another friend who lives out there, so I can visit you both! AWESOME!!! God is so great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Bend is a pretty place.