Tuesday, August 24, 2010

january 24. {16 days)

i was 24 years, 4months, 14 days old and sitting on my bed thinking about being single. (honest much?) i was pondering the guy friends i had in my life and the "what ifs" and "possibilities"... i actually wrote out a list of guys and the pros and cons of possibly dating them. I know i sound a little crazy, but it's the truth.

i also found myself reflecting on a conversation i had recently had with my "phone friend" Dean... He had told me that when i started dating someone he was going to "phase out" of my life so that he wasn't the "awkward guy friend who talks to a girl all the time while she is dating someone else". We (more so, I) had established early on in our friendship that i was not interested in dating long distance, and more so that i didn't want to lead him on... he had been so gracious and encouraging to me as i walked through one of the most heart-wrenching times of my life. Dean and i had met 2 months and 6 days previous to these reflections and i had unexpectedly found myself looking forward to our long phone conversations...He had somehow become my closest guy friend and one of the few people i really trusted.

as i sat on my bed in the middle of my pondering and reflecting, i realized i didn't really like the idea of Dean "phasing out" of my life when i started dating someone or ever...in fact i didn't really want to date anyone else. if you were in or around my life at the time, you would understand how CRAZY and world shaking this was for me... it was as if something hit me on the head and i woke up to see what had been right in front of me for 2 months and 6 days!!!


today i celebrate 7 months of dating the man of my dreams.
today i celebrate all the God has done since January 24th.
today i look forward to what is ahead with great anticipation!

No comments: